The first global tourism forum bringing together worldwide decision makers from the various quadrants of the tourism sector and economic and political leaders.
- To position tourism in the global agenda as a driver of economic growth and development.
- To debate tourism’ contribution to global challenges and outreach outside the tourism sector.
- To create a unique high level platform for public and private leaders and decision makers from the tourism sector and beyond to network
- Organized by the World Tourism Organization and hosted by the Government of Andorra
- Speakers include recognized economists and public opinion leaders as well as high level representatives from the private and public tourism sectors.
- Participants include:
√ Ministers of Tourism, Economy, Transport,
√ CEOs of global corporations directly and indirectly involved with tourism
√ National and international industry associations and business leaders
√ UN Agencies and other international organizations
√ Civil Society leaders
√ Global Media
- By providing insight into the state of the industry and its prospects and focusing on how to move the sector forward towards a more competitive and responsible growth which can contribute to face the global economic and development challenges.
- By providing a global platform for networking and interchange.
- The Forum include 3 Plenary Sessions and 3 side events organized by leading partners such as the World Economic Forum (WEF) on the issue of Tourism Competitiveness.
Andorra la Vella Congress Centre
Plaça del Poble, s/n - Andorra la Vella
(all proposed hotels are walking distance from the Congress Centre)
INSIDE THE FORUM!
- The State-of-the-Industry – Global Outlook: Where does the tourism sector stand following the most challenging years in recent history?
- Creating a New Competitive Framework in Tourism: Key Factors to Stimulate Growth: What are key competitive factors for tourism in a post crisis world? Where are tomorrow’s growth markets?; How can public and private sector work closer together to create a more competitive framework, stimulating innovation, capacity building and investment and remove existing obstacles to travel?
- Investing in Responsible Tourism: Contributing to a Fair and Inclusive Growth: How to build an environmental and social responsible tourism sector that benefits local communities, preserves the environment and contributes to development?